Total Pageviews

Monday, October 3, 2011

The Pelican File

When I was in the Galapagos Islands a few years ago, the photographic opportunities seemed endless, and I think I came home with about 500 images! Some of my favorite subjects were the amazing and wildly diverse birds that inhabit the islands. Blue Footed Boobies, Flamingos, storks, seabirds and tiny warblers were just the tip of the iceberg, but I think  this solitary pelican most exemplified that ecosystem for me. Solitary and stoic, but capable of bursting into the most astounding displays of power and opportunism. He captured my imagination with his almost zen-like qualities.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Ann, it was! I recommend it to anyone with a love of nature. And thank you for posting the very first comment on my 9day old blog! I wish I had a prize for you. Come back again.

    ReplyDelete