Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

FEED ME!

Baby Robin: Just because I'm ankle-deep in meal worms and oatmeal doesn't mean I want to forage for myself!

Sometimes when they're overrun with needy babies I help the local licensed wildlife rehabbers with a few of the older birds. I seem to do much better with the birds than with the mammals for some reason. Also, with birds you don't have to induce pee-ing and pooping, something I'm definitely not comfortable with, that needs doing with the younger mammals until their eyes open!
The baby birds are so funny. Most seem to want to stay 'babies'. At the feeders you'll see half grown offspring perched across from Mom or Dad, bobbing and gaping to be fed. Sometimes they're so fully feathered that it's hard to tell which are the adults, except for the begging. This baby robin seemed to be saying that I was falling down on the job.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment