Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Back in the Black and White Days...

Okay, here's a blast from the distant past of 1975, my bestest friend since first grade Toni and me on my 2nd horse, Tonka.  Tonka was a grade Quarter Horse my dad bought from a neighbor for $250, up $100 from the cost of my first horse.

How carefree we were back then, relaxing bareback on the porch 

yes, on the porch

at my house.  Hard hats were for lessons or shows, as were boots and long pants.   Late June shows our summer uniform.  We spent countless nights racing our ponies up and down the local golf courses--- we thought they were just perfect for moonlight gallops!   We swam our ponies in the golf course "cement ponds".... funny how horses seem to like to leave their floating poops in deep water!    I guess ignorance was bliss, but we ran wild for quite a while before somehow being caught. 

The best times of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment