Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My New Mule is Here-- FINALLY!

Introducing--  ** cue fanfare ** Josie!  I think perhaps I should call her my little 'mule-ette', she's so feminine.  Isn't she beautiful?  So far, she's everything I could have wanted or hoped for.  Although she was naturally a little pumped up from leaving her herd-mates by herself to go on a long lonely trailer ride, she was eminently sane upon her arrival here.  She marched --well, it would probably be more accurate to say she lead me-- up the hill to our little farm, where Willow was in for the surprise of his life.

"Mom, what am I supposed to do with this?"  Willow thought he'd push her around a little, show her who's boss.  WRONG!  Josie wasn't afraid of him, and she wasn't shy about telling him with both barrels.  This resulted in lots of his coming  back to me for reassurance that this newcomer was supposed to be here, as well as a budding respect for her mulishness. 
Maybe if I sneak up on her... carefully and politely?
"Don't even think about it, young man"

6 comments:

  1. WHOOOHOOOO!!! Happy Trails to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous. MSU said they would archive last night's donkey and mule care webcast on their site by the end of the week - I think you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Mom, thank you & we WILL be hitting the trails after a getting-to-know-each-other period. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 7msn, thank you too, & I will be looking for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on Josie - such a fine looking mule and yes, a bit delicate. On your next post, when you are walking her, I was surprised at her size. She looks bigger than the first pictures.

    You will have much fun with her1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy, you are so right-- I ALREADY am! Financially speaking, this was totally not the best time to purchase an equine, but I just knew somehow that Josie was the right mule for me, and that we'd become a perfect partnership. The trails are beckoning!

    ReplyDelete