Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mulish Observations (Part One)

I took about fifty pictures of Josie today, and ---with slight variations--- they all look similar to this!  I think it's safe to say, Josie has embraced the 'pocket pony' life.  On the plus side, doesn't she have a lovely eye? 
Today's plan was to see what, if any of my tack fit Josie-Posey.  She's  been ridden in a Western Curb, and is used to neck-reining in one, but I found that my only curb was too narrow at the top of the shanks, pinching her where it hangs from the cheek pieces.  That led me to my old german silver kimberwicke that I used on Woody.  For years it was the only 'english' bit I could stop him with.   It's a 5 1/2 inch bit, so really  bigger than Josie needs, but at least it doesn't pinch.  The dees are slotted for three options of rein placement, one of which has just a tiny bit of leverage; coupled with the chain on it I hope it will feel similar to her to what she's accustomed. 











Josie's winter coat is very vigorous and fluffy-- it's also a bit bristly!  It's kind of like a rough coated Jack Russell!   Is this a 'mule thing'?  Are mule's coats normally ruffled-up feeling?   It's really kind of cute, but startling, when you absentmindedly go to pet her expecting a smooth coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment