Total Pageviews

Monday, September 26, 2011

Someone's Missing

Fall is my favorite time of the year. My birthday's in October, and silly as it sounds, it always seems as if the whole month is my present. The colors and the cooler weather are all I could ask for. Well, almost. This is the first fall in 22 that my gelding Woody is not in residence. It doesn't seem right not to have his 'been there and done that' presence overseeing the 'young whippersnapper' Willow. This year, Willow's in charge for the first time. We'll see if he's grown into the role-- it's an important one!

1 comment:

  1. Fall is my favorite riding time, too, but its been hard since Ginger died last month. Not having a backup in shape and ready for my husband, it seemed a little unfair for me to go out without him. Not that I don't, but just different when he "can't". Ginger was our herd boss and they are still a little out of sorts about who's in charge now. Blue and Ginger ranked equally, but Blue doesn't seem to want to step up.

    I just clicked over to your blog from mine. Your Woody was beautiful and I look forward to reading your archives.

    Happy "Golden" Birthday. It's my year, too, so I use it as an excuse for everything! LOL! "Since it's my 50th birthday YEAR, I want to (fill in the blank)."

    ReplyDelete