Total Pageviews

Monday, January 2, 2012

The Great Horsetrailriders Distance Derby

The brilliant Tammy Vasa of Horsetrailriders.blogspot.com has come up with a wonderful way to get us horse people out of the house and into the woods--or deserts, beaches etc.--for the rest of 2012.  The Great Horsetrailriders Distance Derby will be a year-long game whose stated purpose is "to encourage you to get out and ride" (or drive.) "Any equine, any time, and speed." 
What a marvelous idea! 
Teams are made up of one human and any equine--or equines--they have the use of.  Personal GPS units (my HTC Thunderbolt super phone in this case)  will track our mileages and times and we each must keep our team's post updated to reflect them.  Currently, there are 58 teams, of which we are number 54.  At the end of the year the team with the most mileage will win, but really--won't we all be winners? 
I know it's already inspired me to ride three days in a row (Dec. 31 didn't count), and I hope this will be the impetus I need to help me make the extra effort.  To keep up with the teams, the website address is:  http://distancederby.blogspot.com.


Come along for the ride!

2 comments:

  1. As of today, Team 54, Shadowlake is in **10th place** out of the 58 teams! It is a true red letter day, and one I don't expect to get to repeat unless we're very lucky, but ain't it grand! Something to remember warmly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get to know you better thru our Derby! :)

    ReplyDelete